Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Friends Like These Don't Grow on Trees

A few weeks ago I spent the day with one of my best friends Cassilda, in late celebration of her birthday.
Cassilda is one of those incredible people that no matter what you're doing or where you are, it doesn't matter, I spend the entire time in tears from laughing too much!
We met when we were around six years old (I think.. It was a long time ago), and we both still marvel at the chances that we would grow up to have so much in common, and such similar taste in everything.

Cassilda's amazing bag
Lola ring, which flips up to reveal the gorgeous perfume

My camera's shady attempt to capture her incredible wolverine earings, these actually blew my mind!
(I took a thousand blurry shots before giving up, I think the other people in the cafe thought I just really liked her ears!)
Customary stop at pet shop to gaze at cute puppies, kittens and cockatiels
Ending the day with birthday flowers and cupcakes, I love spending time with Cassilda, it's like a breath of fresh air from the negativity and uncreative people I sometimes have to spend time with.
I hate seeing "best friends" who spend all their time together insulting each other, it makes me wonder how people got used to such an awful standard of friendship. When we hang out, Cassilda and I spend the entire time complimenting each other, building each other up so that when we leave and return to study, work and other friendship groups we still carry the encouragement that friendship is meant to instil. I'm not saying we're perfect, but just that I wish everyone could have a Cassilda in their lives.
picture credit: me

No comments:

Post a Comment